It's Me Again!

"ASPIRE TO INSPIRE BEFORE YOU EXPIRE"

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Parents jealousy!

My mom\grandmother(yes, they are the same person) is SO jealous when it comes to me visiting my Papaw, they have been divorced since I was 2 yrs old, but still she just cant stand it when I go down for a visit. I decided to put her to the test this week just to prove my theory on Parent jealousy. Any how I told her about a week ago that I was planning the trip, and then I just waited because I knew that she would try to find a way to talk me or guilt trip me out of going.

Guess what? My theory was right, Her first attempt to stop me was to guilt trip my by telling me that my granny was upset that I was going to miss the reunion next weekend. Well, I asked her why she thought I would miss it & she said "I didn't figure you would want to travel two weekends in a row". Now mind you that my Papaw & my Granny's is only 2 hrs away, but she was afraid I wouldn't want to "travel"! HA!!!!
Ok so that didn't work, so today she tried a different approach.This time it was I don't need to go all the way down there with gas stations running out of gas; what if I get stuck?
I tell her I have already filled up & it only takes one tank of gas round trip.

(she knows this because she goes dwn there at least twice a month to see my Granny) So then she says well what if you get stuck in traffic? This scenario is extremely unlikely possible, but unlikely I mean how many people are really going to Waynesboro this weekend; anyone????
Any how, instead of arguing with her I just tell her I will stop at the first station I see that still has gas and refuel no matter how low or un-low my gas is, and if all else fails & I happen to get stuck well them Ryan will just have to send in the Calvary!!! Heaven forbid I actually go & spend more than a weekend the world may come to a halt.... Needless to say I am still leaving tomorrow as planned, we will have to wait & see what she will say tomorrow.

Does anyone else out there have this problem with their parents? I would really like to know that I was not the only person raised by complete crazy's.....



2 Comments:

At September 01, 2005 9:16 PM, Blogger linc said...

u the only one, Ha

 
At September 01, 2005 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine were just as bad until my dad passed away! I couldn't even metion there names around each other!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home