It's Me Again!

"ASPIRE TO INSPIRE BEFORE YOU EXPIRE"

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Love Yourself!

I watched this show today called "The Secret Lives of Women" it really bothered me. It was about three different women all with different eating disorders, and the thing that bothered me is I could relate to all their stories. I understood how they felt, & even though I don't suffer from a eating disorder I can see how it happens.
I know there are probably thousands of women who suffer from eating disorders I have an older sister & a cousin who both suffer with one.

I struggle with my weight everyday, I am constantly thinking about what I could do better or stop doing so that I could be thinner.
On this show they took a pole on the average women's idea of what size clothes women should be wearing to be considered thin & beautiful, the majority answer was between a Size 2 to a size 6.
Can you believe that!!!!!!!!! I haven't been a size 6 since I was 18 yrs old.
Then took a pole on what size the majority of average American women really are & guess what? 79% of American women are between a size 12 to 16.
so that means that society is telling the majority of women that we are fat & unattractive, & we are believing them, the pole proves it! No wonder women are starving themselves & having surgery all the time. How do you compete with the picture of the so called beautiful people in all the magazines.

Well, I have decided I am here to tell all women young & old, you are beautiful, you are beautiful because God created you. He made you special & unique.
I struggle with my own "I am Fat & Ugly" issues all the time, but I just have to tell myself what I know to be true, God loves me for who I am, he made me, I am beautiful on the inside as well as on the outside, and as far as society's opinion who cares what they think, the truth is no women looks as good as they portray them on the magazines that's all computer enhanced.

The trick is to love yourself, & your true beauty will shine through, true beauty can not be enhanced by a magazine because it comes from within!


"True Beauty Lies Within"

4 Comments:

At January 05, 2006 7:31 AM, Blogger Hopes Ganma said...

What you said hits home with me also. I also struggle everyday with not liking myself for being to fat or ugly. I remember weighing 130 at 16 before I had Ashley but after that I didn't care. In 2000 I went from a 24 to a size 12, but that is long gone now. The problem was I was happier then, and now I just can't seem to get motivated to get in shape. I know God loves me, but if only I could love myself like he does.

 
At January 05, 2006 11:15 AM, Blogger Andrea~Erin said...

I know its hard, & I know how you feel. Hang in there girl!

 
At January 05, 2006 4:50 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Y'all are both beautiful!! You are right about those girls in magazines. They are all airbrushed BECAUSE they have flaws just like we do. And they all are TOOOO SKINNY!!! Its gross!

God bless y'all! :)

 
At January 06, 2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Andrea~Erin said...

Yeah GROSS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home