It's Me Again!

"ASPIRE TO INSPIRE BEFORE YOU EXPIRE"

Friday, December 30, 2005

Someone
I am feeling left out of life like a child who lives in fear.
Not knowing how to deal with it, trying to hide my tears.
Wanting love to comfort me. I get hurt and abused.
wanting someone to hear my cries, feeling pain and confused.
I need someone to comfort me when I awake from bad dreams.
Someone to share my life with, someone to sew the seems.
Facing life is hard to do needing someone near you.
Ignoring what they say to me, trying not to be blue.
Living with pain and fear, forget that's what they say.
I cant take it much longer, maybe one more day.
Oh, boy does that poem bring back memories, how depressing is that??
There was a time that I would have never shared my poems with anyone, but I have been re reading some of my older ones & I came across this one.
I thought I knew what it meant to me 14 years ago when I wrote it, but as I read it this time I see it for what it really was; even then. It was me searching to fill that void in my life that only God could fill. Many of you know I had a very rough childhood & even through all that God was trying to talk to me through my very own words. It just amazes me how God works in our lives & for how long he will continue to try to get through to us, until we finally break through ourselves to let him in.
I am happy to say that I no longer write poems like that one, and I know that is because of the Lord!

1 Comments:

At December 30, 2005 9:03 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Wow! That right there is REAL evidence of God and what He can do! I'm really glad that you came through that with the Lords help. Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home